Monday, July 11, 2011

The Beginning of a New Adventure

Once again, I'm sorry to all those who've been expecting a new post for weeks now. Honestly, besides being busy with other things, sometimes I just plain forget to update the blog! 

This summer is going by pretty fast already. We've been down in Manti a few times for the Manti pageant, a family reunion and July 4th, and we've also started bringing my younger siblings up here one at a time to stay with us for a few days by themselves. It's been a fun experience so far and has helped Matt and I be able to bond a little more with the extra one-on-one time with them. It's also been great for me to have company while Matt's at work! 

I've finally decided on transferring to University of Utah to finish my bachelors degree. I was working on Elementary Education at Utah State, but I've decided to switch to Human Development and Family Studies. This is something that I think will be very fitting and helpful in the future, and it'll also be nice because you can actually do the whole program online if need be. Right now my plan is to go to U of U for the fall semester and then I'll probably switch to online after that. As of right now I'm still waiting for an acceptance letter....I wish they weren't so slow! There were a few issues with having the transcripts under the name "Boylan" and applying to U of U as an "Ecklund". Anyway, I won't bore you with the details, but it's been a little frustrating. Of course, from my own experience of transferring in the past there are ALWAYS complications of some kind. Gotta love it!

So a few weeks ago we found out that we're expecting a new addition to our little family! YAY! We're absolutely thrilled and are excited to find out if it's a boy or a girl. (I'm only 7 weeks along though, so it'll be a while before that happens.) We're in awe reading about how the baby is developing each week and how intricately the whole ordeal works. I enjoy seeing what the professionals compare the baby's size to each week. Last week we affectionately referred to our little one as the "little lentil bean", but this week it's the size of a blueberry. We're hoping and praying that our "little blueberry" continues to grow and develop as it should. It certainly seems to take a lot out of me--already! (along with all the pregnancy hormones and such) Anyway, I'm to the point of nausea and constant munching to keep from losing my food. I haven't actually thrown up yet, but there have been times when I certainly wished I would! All in all though, pregnancy is good  so far. I'm working on lessening my complaints and remembering that all of the discomfort is for a good cause and will have a wonderful result. :) 

Well, that's our life at the present. We're embarking on a new adventure and all sorts of changes. We couldn't be more excited! Life is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. So, here it is. Kenna and I decided that since Matt is Jaiden's brother, That baby Ecklund and you are pretty much a part of our family tree. FYI :) Love, Anna

    ReplyDelete